Measure A = GRIDLOCK
• 12.8 Million visitors a year and up to 37,284 vehicle trips every day.
• No freeway improvements until 2035...leaving us with traffic jams for years.
• Excludes Carlsbad from express lane direct access...FOREVER.
• Increases I-5 freeway traffic congestion from La Costa Ave. to Tamarack Blvd.
• Measure A “will likely result in as many as six additional near-term significant impacts on key routes to the coast, including both intersections of the Cannon Road & I-5 interchange.”
• Gridlock at the access ramps, on I-5, on local roads, and to get to the beach.
Measure A gives control to a Developer with no oversight for 15 years
• No engineering plans/drawings have been provided. Why would the people of Carlsbad approve a development sight unseen?
• Exempts the development from Carlsbad’s existing general plan, zoning, grading, height and other development regulations.
• Prohibits any changes, even by the City Council for 15 years (until 2031), even if the development creates costly unforeseen problems.
• Measure A is not a plan, it is a LAW.
Measure A is rooted in Deception
• Used the Initiative Process to bypass California Environmental laws, and the City of Carlsbad’s planning processes.
• Developer has spent over $7 Million to hide their intentions to build a mall and attempt to stop a vote of the people.
• Developer continues to claim “no cost to taxpayers” although the special election will cost taxpayers well over half a million dollars.
Citizens for North County
Citizens for North County, No on Measure A With Major Funding by Westfield, LLC * ID# 1380112.